Birdbrain Stuff

Friday, February 26, 2016

Raggalds Circular to Queensbury

At 1125 hrs. Raggalds Flood can be sacked as it's surplus to requirements.
Bumped into JL at Soil Hill and teamwork got us a Skylark apiece.
Down the road apiece we struggled further at Ogden perhaps the cold SE'ly was responsible. After 2pm things picked up a pace so the trek wasn't entirely a waste of footwear and energy. Got my first moving Curlew of the year; 15 birds flying in and settling down. 7 Goldfinch, prob Siskin in flight calling, Meadow Pipit, scores Woodpiggies, Stock Dove or 3. I'm blaming the plethora of Maggot Pies on JL - have you heard his jokes?



 Managed to see Barn Owl thrice before the numbing cold sent me heading home via Oats Royd where I saw: 15 Mallard, Moorhen, Mistle Thrush pr, Kestrel & Green Woodpecker.
Oh lets not forget Pied Wagtail and a handful of Greenfinch at Bradshaw plus a lollipop lady who ushered me over the road rather quickly!

PS Kickass Bonus at 1935 hours. A Tawny Owl hooting away  in the trees over my back yard fence.