Birdbrain Stuff

Saturday, March 26, 2016

A Quieter Day

Out of necessity I slowed down to a beach saunter this morning. 8 Audouins Gull, 3 YLG, 2 Cormorant, 10 Turnstone, c14 Sardinian Warbler. 2 Sandwich Tern, 5 Linnet, 1 each White Wagtail & Meadow Pipit, 6 Stonechat.
2 each Little Egret, Coot. 3 Blackbird & Greenfinch. 1 Goldcrest a few Serin, less so Goldfinch. May have had Rock Thrush but brief views in flight so lettin it go. 1 Thekla Lark feeding  under a pine tree.  2 juvenile Tortilla er Tortoise and the brush of a Fox disappearing into the bush.

When I get back I am going to bombard blog world with many Audouins Gull pics. To me one of the worlds most striking seabirds, mmm that red bill and those green legs. Wish I had a girlfriend like that.

This place is ok, I went to the gym for a steady 6/7 min work out then spent an hour in the wellness clinic on the defibrillator.

No comments: