Birdbrain Stuff

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Swalesmoor and Shibden

A cool grey morning at 0925 hrs with a E/NE'ly breeze suppressing most action. There were no gulls at all seen throughout the walk.
I went to the spot on Thursday where I'd seen a presumed Black Redstart but despite two separate attempts nothing was present. Of course the surrounding area of old buildings and quarries could easily swallow up such a bird.

On the bright side I got my first Linnet of the year - a singing male nr Ploughcroft. Here also were 5 Goldfinch, 2 Chaffinch 1 each Bullfinch & Greenfinch and a few House Sparrers. A couple of Skylark and a Meadow Pipit plus corvids were on the tops.

Shibden was lethargic, picking up a bit towards the end. However I did manage 2 Fieldfare my first in a while. 2 GSW drumming, 2 Green Woodpecker calling, 1 each Grey Wagtail, Bullfinch, LTT & Song Thrush plus other expected Woodland denizens.

No comments: