Birdbrain Stuff

Monday, April 04, 2016

A Walk On The Beach

I had no intention of birding today so I went for a leisurely stroll on the beach. Amazingly I found binoculars and camera in my rucksack, surely this must be the work of the Devil?
The Sanderling had moved down from the northern end along with the 2 Kentish. 11 Turnstone, 1 each Whinchat, Crested & Thekla Lark. Usual Stonechat & Sardine Can gang. 2 Cormorant & 2 Tawny Pipit, hundreds of Swift. Collared Dove represents another first for the trip.

After lunch I was determined to find the creep who messed my day of leisure up. Could he or she be lurking in the salinas? Well I never did find out but the Marsh Harrier & Purple Heron were certainly there. Again more Swifts, this time alongside were many Swallows, a couple of Sand Martins and House Martin. The latter chalking up trip first no.2 for the day.

A couple of guys told me that a Temmincks Stint is on the Albufera. I've only had one before and it happened to be here in the days when my hair was brown and my complexion a wonder to behold. Looks like my last day tomorrow is going to be spent running myself ragged again.

No comments: