Birdbrain Stuff

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Last Albufera Trip

Winding down time I've got to the stage when it's becoming monotonous. The reserve brought 3 newcomers: Great Reed Warbler, 2 Cattle Egret & Curlew. The Great Reed was so close I recorded it chugging away on my mobile voice recorder.
The only raptor around was a male Marsh Harrier. There were hundreds of Swift but try as I might with my rancid imagination I couldn't turn one into Pallid.
Common Tern now stand at 5, the same number as Green Sandpiper seen. Kentish Plover were all over the shop with a few LRP in support. Something went drastically wrong; I actually managed to take 3 photos of Sardine Can Warbler.
A local birder who seemed savvy asked me if I'd seen any Flamingos yet. No is the answer but it reminded me I have seen them in the murky past of my younger years.

No comments: