Birdbrain Stuff

Monday, April 11, 2016

Wheatears Turn Up

With a fair old E'ly wind blowin, I thought I'd check the southern fields at around 1120 hrs. First birds were 8 Linnet by the Fly Laithe stables and a couple Meadow Pipit. Then I turned up at the trailer park where a pr Wheatear were on the far wall being blown around.
Moments later BS texted me saying AC had rung them thru' - we must have missed each other by a couple of minutes. Also here were a few more Meadow Pipit and a couple skylark.

At the junction of Shaw Lane & Corporal Lane I rang DW to tell him of the find. On hanging up I looked skywards to see a Buzzard low down directly overhead. Fear ye not - the camera was firmly secured at Rucksack bottom.

Shibden Valley produced c40 Woodpigeon, 2 each of Canada Goose (pond) Stock Dove, Green Woody, singing Chiffchaff, Buzzard. 1 GSW & a LBBG flying E. The farm house feeders on the east slope opposite Scout Hall was lively with woodland types.

No comments: