Birdbrain Stuff

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Ogden Supa Dupa

Pr  Greenshank on eastern shore of Ogden Res at 1205 hrs. They were about 20 metres away from where the picnic tables are. I managed to fire two shots off with the camera before they flew off low across the drink calling loudly.


I completed the circuit to the western side of the promenade and although I didn't pick them up again, neither did I see them fly away.


Otherwise quiet: LBBG, Swallow, Sparrowhawk, WWs, Chiffchaffs in low numbers.

Prior to that I'd been up Soil Hill. 6 Whitethroat, 1 each Moorhen & Reed Bunting, Kestrel, Linnets and usual residents. Lapwings very active.
I finished on a good note on  the walk to Stod Fold; my first Swifts of the year, 5 of 'em. Couple Swallow, Whitethroat and a pr RL Partridge.
A Swift over my hovel in time for tea.