Birdbrain Stuff

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Soil Hill

The Sedge Warbler was very active this morning showing in display flight and singing constantly. DP responded to my msg and I'm pleased to say got the bird within a few minutes of arrival.
A Moorhen has raised a small family on the far bottom and now only pond. Also here 3 Mallard and a Canada doing a flypast. An Oystercatcher took a liking to roosting on top of a mud ridge while a couple of Reed Bunting and Whitethroat were singing/displaying in the wider area.


With camera secured firmly at rucksack bottom I climbed up the slope and watched a LEO fly right in front of me just a few metres away heading east.
For the first time in a while I saw 4 Swift doing manoeuvres. A few Swallow, pr Linnet, 1 LBBG, 6 Jackdaw, 7 Lapwing and the usual ground nesters.