Birdbrain Stuff

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Success at Ogden

A quirky afternoon session with an unexpected sighting but overall enjoyable with another annual in the bag.



Mildly surprising for this date was a drake Goosander hauled out on the shore just above Ducky Corner.


I walked through the trees up to GT picking up Song Thrush, & 2 Treecreeper on the way. At the top a pr Curlew were going bananas, calling incessantly and flying around seemingly possessed. I'm sure their progeny were scattered on the deck there. I consider myself very lucky to have got a sequence  of pics showing one bird flying into and perching atop a conifer!





Finally after flogging myself for weeks I hit the jackpot and got not one but a pr of Spotted Flycatcher. Ironically they are at a site where I found a party last year but haven't checked previously this year.

Whoever took this crap photo needs shooting.
Other: Siskin, 2 Grey Wagtail, WW, Blackcap, Chiffchaff.
Walking back via Oats Royd: several Swallow, 1 each WW, Chiffchaff, Blackcap & Reed Bunting. It's been a couple of years since I had the latter here.