Birdbrain Stuff

Saturday, July 23, 2016

A Sluggish Hill

Started off at bottom N slope Soil Hill approx 1250 hrs and it was uphill all the way in many respects. The Lapwing flock has dispersed and there were no morsels in the juncus, pond or small scrapes.
Around 6 LBBG flying around and 8/9 BHG on the deck with caawvids. Couple Swallow, Linnet, Meadow Pipit & WW. 3 Whitethroat still making threatening noises and pr Blackbird end Ned Hill track.

Down at Ogden there was noticeable gull movement e.g c94 BH, 4 Common & 7 LBB. I even tried my hand at fabricating L Michahellis out of 3/4 gulls in the lake middle but my brain reset itself and told me it was Graellsii.
As I decided I would abort the session and go home owing to both inertia and crowds a pleasant surprise ensued. Hearing a different loud honking sound from the norm here I spun round to catch 10 geese flying low overhead. They were Greylag and included a couple juveniles. It was no surprise really when they circled once and buggered off heading N.
Also 1 Chiffchaff and a pr screeching Jay.

No comments: