Birdbrain Stuff

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Movement Indicators

Friday approx 1935 hrs as I crawled on my hands and knees out of the Crime & Punishment Arms I noticed a dozen BHGs around and above my house.
Sat am  a Buzzard and 2 big unid gulls at Swalesmoor prompted a search of Ogden Res after munch. We all make mistakes, it was gash.

Nevertheless the movement theory proved correct as when I arrived there were 22 BHG present & 1 Common. Within 35 minutes BHG jumped to c66 and 1 LBBG dropped in.
1 BHG was sporting a white ring on right leg but there was no chance of reading it.
Whitethroat still singing as were 1 Blackcap & Chiffchaff. 1 each  Swift, GSW and Siskin as I headed toward Mixenden Res...

2 each Pied Wagtail & Curlew, Blackbird, Chichaff. Plenty of House Martin & Swallow decimating insects over the water but not a single gull.
Yet again from the plantation side of the water, I startled a Common Sandpiper. It takes off from roughly the same area, this being the fourth time since early in May.
One wonders if breeding occurred, one does.

No comments: