Birdbrain Stuff

Monday, July 11, 2016

Ogden Res

1145 hrs. Started off with a ringed BHG, green on right leg but poor light, distance and wind prevented a successful read. All I could capture on cam was 'J' then blurring; however I should be able to trace the country of origin, I think. The entire party of c10 took off with a LBBG and didn't return.
2 Chiffchaff, 3 WW, 2 Blackcap, 1 Grey Wagtail, 3 Blackbird, mixed Tit party, 15 Canada.
A male Sparrowhawk was almost lumbering along in the wind as it carried an unkown prey item.
I managed to get this poor shot of a singing Siskin just as it decided to flit.



Also 3 Swallow & Swift; few Goldfinch, 1 House Martin at Bradshaw.

PS It looks as though the leg ringed BHG is from Norway as the country code starts JV. Last year the bird shown in this link turned up on July 17th; making me wonder if it's the same bird. I can't wait to see it again.