Birdbrain Stuff

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Swalesmoor Activity

Thanks to msgs from DJS/BS this am I was motivated to go down for the Yellow Wagtails, arriving at approx 1020 hrs.
It wasn't until almost an hour later I heard a call and picked one bird up about 25 metres away for a few seconds. This coincided with the arrival of DJS and Alan.
Then at 1145 I got a more distant view of both birds and then another glimpse of a singleton afterwards.

There was plenty of activity from other species to make for a very satisfactory if slightly damp session.
c30 Pied Wagtail, 5/6 Meadow Pipit ditto Linnet, 4 Goldfinch, 3 Skylark, 1 House Martin, several Swallows, 4 Swift. One family of 4 Whitethroat were in the vicinity and I picked up a single adult nearer to Swalesmoor road.
Also 7 LBB & 1 GBB gull and a Kestrel. Brief sighting of a Whinchat, pity I couldn't relocate for a really convincing view.