Birdbrain Stuff

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

A Slight Improvement

Mon 26 approx 1455 hrs cont. The rain did turn things around as anticipated. Had I reached the seashore some 50 seconds earlier I feel I could have got an acceptable shot of the probable Osprey disappearing over the sea towards Albania! Also 1 Buzzard, 3 YLG on the beach. 2 Spotted Flycatcher, 1 each Blackcap & WW, pr Stonechat, Cettis Warbler, Grey Wagtail.

Tues 27/09 A trip to ponder Corfu Town which has got to be one of the most beatiful places I've ever seen. Just 1 YLG overhead and a Buzzard from the coach. A brief walk around the back of the town on returning to the hotel coughed up 1 each Cettis & Sardine Can Warbler.

Tomorrow I intend to try the vast wetland area around the airport. My first attempt had to be abandoned but at least I now know valid directions and where not to go...

No comments: