Birdbrain Stuff

Friday, October 14, 2016

Ogden and Oats Royd

Ogden Res approx 1050 hrs; a total contrast to my recent visit with no visible migration at all. 8 LTT, 3 Redwing, 4 Jay, 1 each Grey Wagtail & Bullfinch. The Chaffinch bunch were down to c9 with Goldfinch numbering 7/8. Usual Tits, Goldcrest, Robins, small gull sp.
It's worth mentioning that judging by the racket coming from the stream below the embankment a Kingfisher was probably zooming up and down but I didn't see it.

Oats Royd was deadly, just 1 each Jay & Gray Heron. I met the estate worker and asked him about Woodcock (my last being about 7 years back). He told me they are present throughout the year but really become apparent in November, mentioning 3 spots to go looking for them. I must follow this up as I haven't had one this year.