Birdbrain Stuff

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Queensbury to Ogden

Coming out of Tesco at 0910 hrs I heard thin contact calls from Redwing. c12 birds were flying N from SSE. I probably bumped into the same bunch at Mountain some 70 mins later.
Soil Hill just had pr Teal, c30 Meadow Pipit, an uncounted small quantity of Lapwing at the bottom.
Coal Lane and the route to Ogden/Back Lane was crawling with Redwing flying to and fro. On the way to the Res I encountered many more Redwing and luckily 5 Fieldfare plus a Redpoll.



Ogden Res had 7 Wigeon, mainly in the middle hence this ropey pic. It took me ages to hit the c30 strong Chaffinch flock. However BS turned up so we went to the picnic area to filter the Chaffinches and turned up 2 Brambling before I returned home.

Other birds: pr Teal over > SE, 5 Blackbird, 3 LTT, 1 each Jay & GSW, 2 Bullfinch, Goldcrests, couple unid small jobs.