Birdbrain Stuff

Monday, December 26, 2016

Queensbury Circular

Raggalds approx 1005 hrs. 2 Starling & c100 Lapwing on the football field. The flood despite being about two thirds full was windswept and devoid of birds.
Soil Hill was under siege from the gale and at one stage blinding horizontal sleet forced me to shield my eyes with my paws while walking for around 7 mins. The male Reed Bunting and 2 Common Gull were the only birds seen.

Another helpless bird addict was on the hill - Daniel B. We had a natter then I headed down to Ogden Res.
The storm hadn't blown anything in, it had blown it straight through, probably to Fairburn Ings. Plenty of Dullards, small Dulls & 1 LBBG. 2 Dunnock & 1 Blackbird and nothingness.
4 Goldfinch were on the Blind Lane feeders as I made my way to a birdless Oats Royd.


The ponds are well underway to becoming an Anglers domain as mentioned by BS prior to the Xmas build up. Paths have been created and several trees have been chopped up.
I got some cheer as I started off home; 2 Herring Gull over Ladysmith Rd > W.