Birdbrain Stuff

Sunday, January 01, 2017

A Good Start To 2017

Queensbury South: managed to clock 18 species today, the most prized coming from Park Lane. 2 Brambling were in the garden and then I got a third showing well across the road in the park. Denise had a brief chat with me and mentioned she had seen 8 Brambling and I think it was 14 Stock Dove earlier.
Photo: D Shields
Also seen around the feeders were 3 Collared Dove, 4 Chaffinch, 6/7 Blackbird ditto Goldfinch. Quite a few Goldfinch were in Foster Park and an unexpected Song Thrush was appreciated there.

Elsewhere in the wider area: Blue & Gt Tit, Robin, 1 Snipe, 32 Lapwing, 2 Common & 1 BH Gulls, 1 House Sparrow, Woodpigeon, Magpies & Crows. My first bird of the New Year was a Wren. I Don't know what happened to the Starlings.

PS Denise sent me the above picture saying the end of day Brambling count rose back up to 9 birds.