Birdbrain Stuff

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Lowestoft Disappoints

I walked down the beach towards the bus station and was greeted by twenty eight (28) Med Gulls. 4 were adorned with unreadable leg rings due to the mist; white single ring, white on red and white on green. The 4th was black on yellow, perhaps  yesterdays bird.
A pr Pied Wagtail were flitting around  aso.

Then I got the bus to Lowestoft, suffered deep depression, stood on the marker UKs Most Easterly Point and galloped back to the station. Several Ron Cormos, 6 Turnstone, 1 Chaffinch, big gulls. Halifax exhilerates in comparison.

Refusing to giive up I banged my head against a stone wall and tried Gorlestone Harbour and nearly got gall stones. Big gulls were stymied by BHGs which were nimbler at nicking food scraps I put down. Turnstones too came to food and I watched one gollop a fragment of quiche. The combination of wind, cold and missing birds called for an early return to the hotel...

where just before dark I witnessed a murderation of Starlings.
Wasn't me occifer, I swear on the barmaids apron.

No comments: