Birdbrain Stuff

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Dorset Day 2

I walked along Bournemouth beach before the coach for Lyndhurst was due and got 2 GBBG before sighting about 11 Sea Duck types way out. I took quite a few extended digital zoom shots and tried to nail the species without success. Best I could manage was possible Scaup.

The ride through the New Forest was boredom enshrined; only birds seen were 2 Mistle Thrush & 4 Blackbird. Things changed in the most interesting NF Museum when I got Dartford Warbler, Stonechat, Goshawk, Treecreeper and others down to 2 feet indoors.

I was so cheesed off on returning to Bournemouth I legged it all the way to Hengistbury Head and back and although it shortened me by about 2 centimetres it proved worthwhile. I got specific info on the local Dartford Warblers for a bash at them tomorrow and saw the following species.
13 Oystercatcher, 2 Redshank, 9 Teal, c55 Wigeon, 8 Linnet, 7 Stonechat, 4 Greenfinch, 1 Skylark, 1 unid raptor zooming into a bush, uggins of gulls, Cormorants.
Stonechat down here are approachable so I burned a few hundred megabytes of camera storage space off.

1 comment:

Buteo said...

Based on further research/local knowledge the Duck were actually Eider.