Birdbrain Stuff

Monday, March 13, 2017

Redcar Tarn

Approx 1140 hrs in an overcast sky with a strong NW'ly blow. I was greeted by the most desirable sight of c22 Golden Plover whizzing around for a minute or so; although they flew low, they never stopped, sadly.



There was no trace of last weeks Iceland Gull: another birder RP, also failed to see it. A few LBBG and c10 Herring Gulls were present, along with a multitude of smaller gulls, mainly BHs.
Others: 2 Oystercatcher, several Lapwing, couple Curlew, many Tufted Duck, 3 Chaffinch, Skylark, Pied Wagtail.

RP kindly gave me a lift back to Denholme where I had intended to visit Doe Park, however I changed my mind and went via the moors to Ogden. Here were a couple of Curlew, Skylark, Meadow Pipit and a Red Grouse; the wind doing a good job in keeping stuff down.



Ogden Water still held the 8 Goosander, 1 Cormorant and several Canada with the above Gt Tit & 6 Goldcrest also seen.