Birdbrain Stuff

Friday, April 07, 2017

Final Push For Glory

More like final stagger; I badly need new legs and probably a hip replacement soon 😮.
Still not much to crow about, no newbies and the first time I've crashed in the Mediterranean with flycatchers.

6 Corn Bunting, Stonechat, Zitbag carrying nest material. 3 Cow Egrets, Purple Heron, 10 BHG, Marsh Harrier male.
A noticeable increase in hirundines, also WWS & Chiffchaff. Redstart no.4 seen - yet another male.
2 Common & 1 Green Sandpiper plus uggins of BW Stilt and waterfowl.

Talking of crows there have been no Hoodeds in the area (thankfully it's Magpie free too) but there was a Crow around 3 days back which showed again this morning. This bird had all the traits of a UK type Carrion and the size was right too, seen close up. So why did it Krok Krok deeply like a Raven - a much bigger bird?!
My sanity is borderline at best I think I won't push it with this one 😨.

No comments: