Birdbrain Stuff

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Raggalds to Mixenden

Raggalds Flood 0930 hrs nothing; it needs topping up. (That statement will haunt me I'm sure)
Soil Hill bottom: Reed Bunting, Snipe, Wheatear, Pheasant, Lapwings. Pr Grey Partridge on top.
Ogden was full of WW also 1 Jay, ditto Grey Wagtail..
The golf course was quiet apart from 2 mating Crows. Another Crow was sat on a nest.


I'm becoming addicted to Hunter Hill bottom as it produced 4 Wheatear, 2 Curlew, 1 Mistle Thrush with a calling Tawny Owl across at Stod Fold. A drumming GSW and a Green Woody were also at the latter location.
One of the Wheatear perched in a tree for a couple of minutes an event I've only seen twice before.
Many won't believe this but I got my first Little Owl of 2017 by the brewery at Stod 😌😏 A Goldcrest was singing by the roadside in Mixenden.