Birdbrain Stuff

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Sunday 2 Apr

Not up to a big slog after a Hoopoe in the hotel grounds did the job of an alarm clock so I did the southern shore in a cool NW'LY blow. As a result it was hard graft albeit there was one moment of interest. A Kentish Plover was holding territory among the rocks on the beach. This gave me time to fire off 4/5 decent shots before I scarpered. The bird is in for a rough time though, the area is a popular tourist spot.

Also 1 each White Wagtail, Meadow & Tawny Pipit, 3 Crested Larks, 2 Stonechat, 4 Linnet, 2 Turnstone, 1 Cormorant, few Audouins & 2 YL Gulls, Little Grebe, 3 Swallow and the ubiquitous Sardines.
I had fancied a Sandwich but no worries I'll make do with whatever is served at lunch (Tern 😆).

I slipped up real bad in the afternoon by visiting the salinas; the wind had turned to the NE and it was diabolical. Yesterday's Swifts had gone and apart from a Kestrel the skies were empty. I managed a Woodchat Shrike, Hoopoe, Chukar and Serins oh and I must give the many Cettis a mention having not done so previously.

No comments: