Birdbrain Stuff

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Mixenden Saves The Day

After yet another mind numbing day and the prospect of tying a heavy stone to my neck looming large, the sight of 8 Shelduck by the bank where the green metal gates are at Mixenden Res brought me to my senses. After alerting the troops I managed to get some photographs of the beauties as they drifted out to the centre.




Prior to this I'd done the route from Soil Hill and the heights of Ogden with scant reward until I got to the Mixenden stile by the golf course. Here I got a pr of  Tree Pipit one of which (not shown) was carrying a beakfull of food.



An Oystercatcher was in the quarry lake on SH with a Whitethroat on the Ned Hill track. Other birds include Curlew, Mistle Thrush, Blackbirds, Chaffinches, 3 LBBG winding up with 2 Swift at Shibden Head.