Birdbrain Stuff

Monday, June 19, 2017

Wainstalls Killer Walk

Took the hard way up those bleeding steps top of Luddenden Dean to do the moors after the Wainstalls easy peasy start. Thing is the moorscape was frighteningly torpid I got about 4 birds not counting  Meadow Pipits.
1 Common Sandpiper in a drain, 1 Red Grouse, 1 Golden Plover chick I think at my feet & 1 unknown sp. dead chick in a drain. I found a couple of old what I presume to be SEO pellets.
Birds seen prior to this in the dean: 1 each  Buzzard, Grey Heron, Green Woody, GSW, Dipper, Nuthatch, pr Grey Wagtail.




Definitive ace drake Wigeon shot at 10 miles
Fly Flatts produced a nice surprise: 6 Wigeon, 5 if not all were drakes. 2 Redshank, 4 Lapwing, ditto Common Sandpiper, 5 Curlew, 1 each Dunlin & adult Golden Plover and the Canadas.






Ogden Res was boredom enshrined with c75 LBBG & 1 Herring Gull to break the monotony.